Search This Blog

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Dance without Fear

 Image courtesy National Geographic

Listening to the sound of my muse swaying to the beat of a thousand tribes before
Their vibrations beat through Mother Earth, and I feel them in my bones
the fire, the flame I see it and the chants flow into my ears and into my soul
The dance, the rhythm, in the darkness, all but familiar. 

The ancestors before and before, in one place, in different times
and their traditions flow through the ages as a river flows through the valley
and each place I stand is the history and the spirit of many.. yet I feel no fear
for they are me and I am them, only spirits connected to the divine. 

Shall I enter the earth or fly into the heavens? What is my path?
I am here now and no not how, yet this is my place, my time, my turn. 
I will dance the dance of the living, and feel the spirit of life flow through me. 
I will complete my turn with all my might, and with all the goodness in me.

And when it is time for others to stand in my place, yet in their time
they shall feel a spirit that has completed her purpose and is at peace
and they will join also in the dance of life and prepare the way for those who follow.
So that they, too, will dance, and dance without fear, but with the strength of the thousands of souls before.

No comments:

Post a Comment