Search This Blog

Saturday, December 1, 2012

6 Feet Under Ground


I lost myself somewhere sometime
I crawl so far inside
I don't exist out there anymore
So in the dark I hide

I'm just a tiny speck of dust
Kicked about by the wind
Sucked into an empty vortex
Never to transcend

To the dark I escape
Or is the night my prison
I search for what is me
Yet I have lost my night vision

Take a step, hit a wall
Turn around and repeat
My face a bloody mess
As I face black defeat

Inside it's dark
Inside it's small
Then I know without a doubt
the sad truth of it all

This place I hide
Praying my soul doth save
Is not my salvation
But my coffin, my grave.

It's not time to die
But this time must live
But I'm tired, so tired
Sweet relief, something give.

Someone dig me up
Someone let me out
But if I see the sunshine
In fear will I shout?

Release me! Let me alone
A captive to my fear
Where will I feel like me
Out there or tucked in here?

Will I ever know the answer
Will I ever pass the test
Will I always be bumping into walls
Will I ever feel at rest?

No happy ending
No ever after found
Just fighting to stay above
Six feet under ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment