Search This Blog

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Demon Date

This is the time of night 
when the demons come
and my heart races
and I can't feel numb
But I try, oh I try
to reach down low
turn off the faucet
turn off the flow
But the tears, oh they fall
and my heart, it does bleed
and I ask for a bandage
and i beg and i plead
But there ain't nobody out there
ain't no one awake
when the world crashes down
and I've had more than I can take.
And the sleep, it never comes
just tortures me to death 
and I can't see through darkness
and I can't catch my breath.
And I rock till I'm thristy
then I rock till I'm tired
and I can't even nap
cause I'm so fucking wired
Finally I collapse 
not even a pillow for my head
but I don't even care
just glad to have a bed
Then in mercy without limits
I finally slip to dreams
and I wake up with the daylight
and hope outweighs the screams. 

No comments:

Post a Comment