Search This Blog

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Cathedral of the Divine


I want to hide in a secret place
where stone is blanketed by shade
and dragonflies sweep through the valley
and fairy games are played

And waterfalls of moss
carpet the trees to the ground
where tiny frogs hop in the underbrush
and butterfly children are found

Where snakes seek the light to warm
and I see the shade to cool
we both being one in spirit
sit by the freshwater pool

And Mother Nature in her consistency
early spring cool, summer sun
in the wet of plenty or trickle of heat
my wandering soul she has won. 

I want to hide in a secret place
among the symphony of stones
as they play earth's song in the morning breeze
singing of times long past, long gone

As I listen to the tales they tell
and light filters through the trees
the dew drops serve as suncatchers
and it brings me to my knees.

And I beg for Mother Earth
to embed within my mind
the peace that I find here once again
for another day, another time. 

The leaves of the rhododendron
glossy and strong in its make
frames this vision of perfection
and its image I will take. 

And as the trees they filter the light
and it trickles down to me
I ask my dream catcher they will become
and only good will I see. 

I want to hide in a secret place
a Cathedral of the Divine
until my soul heals by Mothers love
and strength once again is mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment