Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Code Blue





The ring it read "unconditional love"
and I believed it was meant from God above
and then you were gone and my heart was too
stepped on, smashed up, call a code blue.

Who in the hell have you become
did you start marching to a different drum
have I been blind, I made you my queen
I know you were scared, but why so mean?

I loved you many long years with passion
yet you used me in your own bitch fashion
I never realized it came so easy for you
who is this person, just tell me who?

I refuse to accept your image of me
I am better than that, much better you see
I'm out, I'm proud, I'm brave, I'm crazy
I work hard, and I'm never lazy.

What did I have to do to be good enough
was I too broken? was I too tough?
I love you hard, and I love you well
but now I sit in this lonely hell.

An embarrassment I was, an embarrassment I'll be
I'm just trying so hard to just be me
Too much too handle, too broken to fix
will never be a cement with just the right mix.

So go, life your life and live it well
 I won't wish you pain, I won't wish you hell
but at this moment, if I see you soon,
my eyes might say, Well fuck the moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment