Search This Blog

Sunday, March 31, 2013

The Death Promise





I know he lays stone drunk
the tears drop from pain
he wakes up disappointed
cause he still feels the same.

His anguish I'm familiar
somewhere in the universe
we must have been separated
cause its the same kind of curse.

Were we born broken for a reason
or is this some sick kind of joke
that its hurts the same every day
for relief we're going broke

You hear him say to you
"Death is a welcome here"
some peace I'll finally feel
as he takes a drink of beer.

He and his pills and booze
me in scars of blades
the tears intermixing
an insane serenade 

And you understand all to well
why he dreams of moving on
to see the sun rise this time
a heaven morning dawn.

And you hope some day, some time, some where
You won't hear," its time, I'm done"
he beat you to the finish line
with a single bullet gun.

Cause you are supposed to wait for me
our hands intertwined
taking our last breath together
his spirit holding on to mine

Its a dream and a promise
that keeps us both alive
to wait on the other
to pass to the other side. 





No comments:

Post a Comment