Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Dark




What is this, that steals my bliss
and drops my soul to hell
my flames are frozen, I am the chosen
to carry darkness in my shell.

En masse, the shattered glass
from the high pitch of my screams
then the chatter within dark matter
whispering a nightmare in my dreams.

The darkened hand, in shadowed land
takes my heart into its grasp
a crushing vice, threatens my life
as my breathing becomes a gasp.

Its a game of life-long acclaim
participation is required
I have no vote, no momma's note
no option to retire

I must stay and I must play
for mercy I no longer implore
As the darkness blows, through me it flows
a deep and bloody roar.

Its no surprise, I recognize 
the eyes of my own fate
dark as night, no friend to light
my companion I love to hate.













 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment