Search This Blog

Friday, April 16, 2010

Home



A haven, an oasis, a magical place
a sample, mere example, a heavenly taste
where the cats quietly purr, and in the shade the dogs nap,
and where I take my turn resting in God's protective lap.

And the gentle mountain breeze
softly caresses the trees
and calls us to prayer
sweeping praise in the air.

And as I listen
and the sun brightly glistens
the birds proclaim in tune
this is God's holy room.


While down on my knees
I feel the earth breathe
I lay down in the grass
wishing this moment would not pass.

Then I catch a sweet scent
a divine accent
must be God's perfume
heavenly blossom's in bloom. 

In my heart, I am blessed
to be given this rest
I look to the sky
wondering to myself "why"?

What have I done to deserve this space?
This moment alone, to bask in God's grace?
Yet for me alone, it wasn't a prize
It was only I, who had opened my eyes.

This is God's World. We are always standing on holy ground, surrounded by reminders of his Love. But we must take the time, to stop and look, and listen with our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment