Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I Left My Heart in the Forest



I left my heart in the forest
quiet among the trees
asleep in the shadows
resting on the leaves.

And while it lay there quietly
across the world I roamed
exploring other forests,
discovering the unknown.

My journeys took me far away
I took every chance
I played ever dangerously 
I experienced romance.

Then dropped back down to earth was I 
a hard bounce and loudly I moaned
and then I thought of my own heart
that I had left back home.

I stood up and began walking
my shoe soles, they wore out
but slow and steady I continued
this emotional walk about.

And finally on the breeze
I sensed the smell of home
so thankful and so tired
from all the miles I'd roamed.

A familiar tree then I saw
proudly standing in the grove
and to its base I headed
so desperately I dove.

And there it lay safe and sound
though the leaves I had to part
it was still where I left it
my one, my all, my heart.

It seemed so glad to see me
it even skipped a beat
not angry or even bitter
together we were complete.

So here I sit in my forest
just my beating heart and me
and here is where I will stay
under this life sustaining tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment