Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Another Place, Another Time

Image by Kevin McNeil
Laying on the grass alone
In the cool of the day
Dreaming of loving you 
In a good and sacred way.

We would lay here both together
Watching the sun take its last look
And I would tell you a story
From my own heart’s story book.

I would draw you a picture
Deep within your mind
Of a day you’ll not soon forget
Of a great and special kind.

Where the world seems alright
And everything is all okay
And fear and pain is unknown
In this wonderful endless day.

And as we lay there hand in hand
Loving side by side
We’ll watch the first star appear
And the others follow in stride.

And I need not wish upon a star
For it already came true
It was the day I unwrapped a gift
The day that I found you.

So lay with me forever here
This moment is yours and mine
And the world can wait for another day
Another place, another time.


No comments:

Post a Comment