Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Vision Through the Anguish

Image by Greg Cope


I can see you clearly although you don't always see you
your cries of pain and loneliness echo all the way through
I see the scars, the hurt, the anguish, the rope around your chest
and I know you put on a brave face when you are in front all the rest.

On our skins and in our hearts, the deep cuts abound 
and its a wonder we still live and haven't already drown
so many holes occupy all our space, a target for a gun
and our blood ran out all over the place and we are left with none.

And I know that although our wounds, they seem to be diverse
I know that, like me, you often scream and curse
maybe its inside, but baby, its all just the same
we all fall to our knees and cry out  God's holy name.

We beg that the hurt will stop and that someday the pain will cease
and that we will feel relief and finally find some peace
but it seems so temporary, so transient, and short-lived
and we say, my god, something surely has to give.

And I see now that you're hurt and done up and disappeared
and I hope that you'll come back, when all of this has cleared
but in my heart, I see you, and I feel your immense pain
but you have to know, baby, that you're not the one to blame.

It is as it is, it hurts as it hurts, and that is such as life
we feel what we feel, and we learn to deal, with the pain and all the strife
but we've got to stick together, you and me, we can't give up, don't you see
cause it was written, by a angelic kitten, and in our hearts we are family.

Image by Rachel Lee Fox

No comments:

Post a Comment