Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Boulder





Trying to go to sleep, but my heart falls out my chest, 
when on when, Oh Lord, am I going to get some freakin' rest? 
I know I can't let the world sit only on my shoulders, 
but I sure wish I had the strength to move some smaller boulders. 

They're sittin' on my friends, and I know that they're in pain, 
and it takes all I have in me to sit here restrained. 
Cause I want to save them, to lift their heavy load
to carry it for a while, as we walk this narrow road.

But Lord, I realize, that this rescue is not up to me
we all have our burdens, and I really do see
that I must leave it up to you, to comfort in their pain
but let them know that their fight will never be in vain.

And Lord, if you would, a favor I would ask
that you will whisper in their ear, "this moment too shall pass"
and send them my love, around the world a hug
and fill them with your peace, like a sweet heavenly drug.

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful! It's a true empath that, despite all of their own troubles, feels and cares for the burdens of others. You're an awesomely wonderful person!

    ReplyDelete