Search This Blog

Monday, October 11, 2010

When I Fall on My Knees.....



When the weight of the world 
pushes me down into hell
when it hurts more than words
will ever really tell 

When I cry until the moment
all moisture is gone from me
and the exhaustion so profound
my soul has no wish to breathe.

When every last movement 
sends sharp pains through my heart
and I forgot days ago
how peaceful life was at the start

And I tripped over my life
a ways back in the night
and on my knees I  kneel
too tired to fight the fight.

What it feels like to be secure
I can't say that I recall 
but I know desperation
and the fear of it all.

So I pray and pray
in this position I was given
until there's nothing else left
but this time to be arisen.

And then I could feel it
that when God seemed unaware
he was just inside my heart
making much needed repairs.

Then I could raise up
my strength returned ten fold
for God had only shut me down
to replace new parts for the old.

"Oh Lord, you have searched me and known me; you know my down sitting and my uprising; you understand my thoughts from afar off.....where shall I go from your spirit? or where can I flee from your presence? If I ascend up into heaven, you are there: if I make my bed in hell, you are there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the deepest sea, even there shall your hand lead me and your right hand shall hold me."
--Psalms 139 paraphrased

No comments:

Post a Comment