Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

As the tide changes....my spirit travels to your side



As the sun dips low
and the tide changes stride
and the tears want to flow
as I look inside.

And the pain from your heart
seeps into your skin
and the winds soft breeze
hurts without and within.

And you want to feel someone
who will wipe your tears away
and if they will come 
then you want them to stay.

Just hold me tonight
let me cry, let me weep
and protect me and shield me
as I start counting sheep.

I'm so tired and so weak
for too long I am strong
hold me up, have my back
I"m not asking for too long.

So as the tide changes course
close your eyes my dear friend
and you will feel me close by
I will hold to your hand.

The distance means nothing
for spirits can fly
just accept it is so
there's no need to question why.

For God in his power
in his grace he made it so
so my soul and heart can travel
and to you I will go.

And I will hold you while you cry
I will hold you while you weep
and I will be your body guard
while in peace you will sleep.

So be still in the dark
in your spirit please conceive
that my presence will be with you
if in your heart you believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment