Search This Blog

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Shit Creek

In the anger, in the rage
Let me out of this tiny cage
I try puttin’ the words on the page
Already getting tired in my middle age

But it’s a hard and a mighty long battle
I feel I’m up shit creek without a paddle
Listening to the bullshit and all the prattle
Can’t get through, their brains I can’t rattle.

Can’t seem to make sense of this crap at all
But I scrape and climb and sometimes crawl
And I stand by the cliff wondering if I would fall
Who would be there to catch me if I should call.

Father God, Mother Earth, my unseen divine
Can you give me a clue, can you give me a sign
You created it all, my interior design
Tell me what I have to do to reach the goal line.

For I’m done and I’m tired, I really need a nap
In your holy embrace, in your divine lap
Please let me rest, as my heart you unwrap
Cause if I don’t someday soon I fear I will snap.

Help your child to rest…please.


No comments:

Post a Comment