Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Every Scar


These scars across my skin
tell you the story of the times when
I had to dig my way out of the muck
and try so hard to even give a fuck. 

To try to feel something other than numb
a reason to cry and reason to run
maybe to fight, I just don't know
looking for an out, a safe place to go. 

Other times, its to say  "you fucking queer"
"you're nobody, nothing, why you even here"
the voices so evil though they claim to be a saint
but if you're God's voice, going to heaven I ain't

I feel like I am 80, though I'm not even close
heavy weighs me down, and it looks like your ghost.
But I have felt the demons ever since I was 8
I hear their song of sadness and I can relate.

Some scars bear your name, given only in love
but memories if I could, I would get rid of
every moment a lie, every word a deception
you were born in evil, no immaculate conception. 

 You just added to the pain that was already there
but you didn't give a shit, you didn't even care
fucking tell me I was weak, when the weak one was you
even in my pain, I would have helped you get through

So many scars on my arms, my heart, across my chest
Long before you came, and long after I guess
Stubborn faith keeps me going, your bullshit don't matter
hope that pissed you off, cause I ain't gonna shatter.

I got paw prints on my heart, it bandages the bleeding
and the sadness is pushed back, like flood waters receding
and damn straight I will choose them over you any day
cause they love me as I am, and they never stray. 










No comments:

Post a Comment