Search This Blog

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Heavy Heart



Sometimes my heart is heavy
and I don't know the reason why
So I look back across my pages
and it hurts but I can't cry

I can see so many mistakes
though I didn't intend wrong
but highlighted in bright marker
the list seems so very long. 

Sincere and good intentioned
never seems to be enough
as I stumble through the living
feeling small but looking tough

My head in my hands
run my fingers through my hair
wait for magic to make it right
but the magic isn't there

So I do what I can do
and try to let go of what remains
but forgetting isn't easy
and my heart recalls the pains

And though I know without a doubt
you brought the lies and deceit
no matter how I take it
it seems like mine, not your defeat

How can one be so evil
with an expression, a blank stare
no soul filled with goodness
I thought I saw what wasn't there.

Why does it feel so very dirty
I brought you to my Whisper Creek
my sacred space so violated
It makes my knees so weak.

I went down to the river
and sought peace and some relief
for the damage you did
and for stealing like a thief. 

But I found no peace`
still something yet undone
I cant save you from your evil
but I can keep you on the run

If someday you find your peace
and I really pray that you do
I hope you remember in my weakness
I would have carried you through.

I don't know how to find a way
to purify my space
to make my soul well again
a sacred, holy place.

But I'll find the answer, 
 I won't lose my faith at all
you might have made me stumble
but you didn't make me fall. 












1 comment:

  1. Powerful stuff, Jamie. I suspect that time is going to be your greatest ally. The common wisdom is that it takes a year or more to heal from this sort of thing. So don't expect it to feel better yet, and don't assume that it will always feel the way it does.

    ReplyDelete