Search This Blog

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Frozen

Image by Rebekka Guðleifsdóttir


I sit here, frozen, afraid to move
cause for now my inner demons are feeling soothed
cause the cuts let out all of the screams
that plague my existence, that haunt my dreams.

And if I move, I fear they will wake
and that will be more than I can take
cause they'll come out hungry for even more
to cleanse my sins, to settle the score. 

And if I lay down to go to sleep
into my mind, in my dreams they will creep
and in the morning, when I finally awake
another piece of my soul they will surely take.

And I will go again as if all is fine
I'll smile and laugh and the sun will shine
then the darkness will surround me into a fright
and the demons will consume me into the night.

And the thoughts will get crazy, the thoughts will get mean
and my soul will shout, and my spirit will scream
and I'll beg for God's mercy, and for grace I will pray
to make it another minute, to survive another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment