Search This Blog

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Landin' in my Lap




Wake up every mornin', my stomach in my throat
tryin' to keep going, don't want to give up hope
my wheels keep spinnin', am I goin' anywhere?
Does anybody hear me, my heart's in disrepair.


Same ol' sh*t all the day long
workin' for a penny, workin' for a song
can't pay the bills though they gots to get paid
how I'm gonna pay them, I already prayed.

Not trying to do wrong, just wanna do right
but I'm tired of this battle, I'm tired of this fight
A promise ain't a promise when it ain't f*ckin' kept
leavin' me with all this sh*t deeply in debt.

I stood with you throughout it all, you didn't give a sh*t
I took it til you walked away, til you done went up and quit
And so it lands in my lap, all this crap you left behind
how I'm gonna do it, on a dollar and a dime?

Doin' all I can, gonna give it a go
is it gonna work, how the hell do I know?
but I know I'm gonna try, can't give up on it too soon
but sometimes I wanna say, what the hell, f*ck the moon.


*This poem was written during a time of great hurt which was turned to anger to protect me. I included it because it is some of my favorite poetry. However, my sincere apologies to the Moon. I'm glad we are friends again.

No comments:

Post a Comment