Search This Blog

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Wakin' Up



I'm thinkin' last decade was only just a dream
a long coma-like, a super supreme
had all the things I never had before
like at the end of the book, and you lookin' for some more.

Think I fell into the home of the Jed Clampettes
struck gold, and behold,  I'm off to the Ritz
this hillbilly chick packed up and headed West
swimmin' pools, movie stars, I was quiet impressed.

Fell in love with a Dove and all she was about
super-fly, I was high, and very devout
up high on the throne, she was my beauty queen
and in the light of her smile I was always serene. 

Chillin' out, there's no doubt, I was in South Cali
ocean waves, music raves, not in my Tennessee Valley
I would find, in my mind, I'd say "is this for real?"
or will I walk around the corner and my true life reveal?

How in the world did this girl turn out to be so blessed?
to be in love with my Dove in our place in the West?
to overcome all the crap that had troubled my mind?
All the tears, all the fears I thought I'd left behind.


Then, damn, I woke up, and here I am once more
in the hills, with the bills, in the land of the poor
what to do, feelin' blue, should I take another nap?
and hope for a replay, an instant recap?

Nah, guess it time, make a rhyme and take my head out' my ass
see the sun, its just begun, feel my toes in the grass
ain't so bad, don't be sad, this is Tennessee,
and if I look, a new book, I can guarantee.

I'll turn a page, and then engage, in a brand new story
but in this account, on the mount, I'll give God the Glory
I'll hold him high, he's super fly, and my beauty King
and I will know, and he will show that he's the Real Thing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment