Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Bad Spirits, Go Away



I've been married to a man
and to a woman, her biggest fan
and then to you, I thought it true
but I didn't realize, I didn't know you.

Didn't know that hidden deep inside
was a selfish soul, heart tough as hide
didn't know the truth different from a lie
and I ask myself, how? when? where? and why?

How did I not see?
When you lied incessantly?
Where was my mind?
Why was I so blind?

But I know that I tried
to love while you just lied
but when the truth shined liked sun
you just shut up and run.

Yeah, you ran like a coward
while my creativity flowered
my dreams were beholden
and the silence was golden.

So while I do regret
that you put my life in debt
before you think I'm blue
for leaving, I say, thank you.

“Lying is the most fun a woman can have without taking her clothes off.”
Natalie Portman

No comments:

Post a Comment