Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Night of the New Moon



Walking in the dark, 
no sun, no moon, no stars
just me and the earth, too exposed without bars
I step, the world turns, so pointless to exist 
I heard a gentle whisper and looked up through the mist.

The clouds opened up and I saw the moon
A glimmer of hope that couldn't come too soon
In its magic light, my future I saw
My heart beat again, the night the new moon called.

We talked until dawn, until first light
The moon slept quiet until the next night
Again we met, my heart skipped a beat
I felt strong again, standing on my own two feet.

Together all these years in love, the moon and I
The Holy One with a twinkle in his eye
The union that he blessed, the dark became the night
When he whispered to me gently on that lonely night.

~Written Early 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment