Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

So Tell Me God.....




Hey God, its me, your lost little one
Searching for my way to you
I don’t know which path to take
Or is each path, in its own way, true?

They say I have a map
Written with your own hand
But I don’t recognize the handwriting
And its not so easy to understand.

So I figured it would make sense
To go to the original source
The original mapmaker of the universe
Who started me on this course.

So tell me God
Where in the world are you?
Can I find out for myself
Or do I have to believe as they told me to?

Can we sit down,
Just only you and me?
And talk about why things are
And how they are really supposed to be?

How will I know you when I see you?
Have I ever seen your face?
Have I ever heard your voice?
Or ever felt your embrace?

I thought I saw you in a rainbow
Did I feel you in the morning breeze?
Was that you I heard in the song of a bird
That sat innocently in the trees?

My instinct tells me the answer is yes,
But the scholars don’t always agree
They say I should look in books and buildings
But it is in nature I can see.

So tell me God
Who in the world are you?
Can I find out for myself,
Or do I have to believe as they told me to?

Can we sit down,
Just only you and me?
And talk about who you are
And who I am really supposed to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment