Search This Blog

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Exposed





Exposed like I'm naked
exposed like I'm nude
this is agoraphobia
I don't mean to be crude

Discomfort ain't the word
discomfort ain't the name
standing naked as a jaybird
in the midst of a ball game. 

Its more like the sky 
is going to fall on your head
and if you don't take cover
you will find yourself dead

Maybe closing the curtains
and staying inside
gettin under the covers
and tryin' to hide

Will make it all better
will make it all good
will make your personal space
a safe feelin' neighborhood.

Then I'm isolated
then I'm safe on my own
but the world kept on turning
now I find I'm all alone

So out the door I must step
civilization a scary place
so everywhere I go
has to be declared "safe space".

That store has high ceilings
that one is way too large
that one is too far away
if I feel a panic charge.

This one has no restroom
in case I get sick
its a horrible way of going
its a horrible kind of trick.

So I wonder and I think
what I need to feel okay
and I realize that I have to
work this my way.

If its baby steps I need
then baby steps I'll take
if I need to say "no" 
no apologies I need make.

The forest has a canopy
so there is where I'll look
and the library is tiny
maybe I'll go read a book.

But this is my life
ain't no one else got to live it
so I'll do the best I can 
with a determined kind of spirit
 







No comments:

Post a Comment