Search This Blog

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Forest Sleep




I went into the forest
to try to get some rest
to get away from everything
and I built a little nest.

Among the dead brush was I
and litter of the leaves
I made my bed and hoped so much
for a miracle to conceive.

I closed my eyes and listened
hoping for the whispers of God
but only heard the birds in the wind
as I lay on the dark, cold sod.

The intensity of the pain
my soul was ripping in two
I hoped for some transformation
among the morning dew.

I fell asleep still listening
wishing that when I awaken
that the Earth would've grown right through me
my humanness long forsaken.

But when I did awake
I was still bones and flesh
with the same kind of predicament
with the same kind of mess.

No miracle occurred that day
no word from the Divine
just the same curse I'll carry
until Death determines my time. 




1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete