Search This Blog

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Homesick




I miss when you were here 
or really when I was there
when dreams seemed possible
and I finally was breathing air

I was somebody
your love and your heart
then it came along and sadly
tore it all apart. 

And now when I open my eyes
every where I see you
each tear holds a memory
reflected off the morning dew.

The willows that we planted
the wall hanging that you chose
and when the wind is just right
the scent of your wild rose.

The lines on the roadway
remind me of the day
when our tire blew on the ten
to Long Beach, on our way 
 
In the warm summer breeze
the hint of a setting sun
I hear us still harmonizing
each song as if we were one.

"In the Garden" was your fave
and the angels gathered round
when you would sing and I would alto
as we sat on the ground.

Remember the ducks who always came
to see us every night?
I still look for them each day
but without you it isn't right. 

And when the deer wander down
I wonder even still
if some witnessed your beauty
as we watched them walk down the hill.

So many good times among the sun and sand
Santa Ana winds and California heat
then among the hills of Tennessee
summer grass beneath our feet.

Its been three years without you
though you live 'tween waves and desert dry
and each night I look to the heavens
to see you in the night sky.

And I ask the birds and implore the rain
that if someday they make their way west
that they check to see if you're really okay
and life is giving you the best. 

Your voice still echoes
as you sang when I was in fear
in your language so exotic
Oh, God I wish you were here. 

I've never been so empty
each moment, the time, it ticks
another moment away from you
is a moment I'm homesick.










No comments:

Post a Comment