Search This Blog

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Please Momma, Don't Let Go

*Momma=God/dess



Embrace me sweet Mother
sing your child to sleep
let the rhythm of your breathing
slow my heartbeat.

Let the surge of panic lessen
let the sadness break its chains
let me find some peace and love 
in the life that still remains. 

But Momma I gotta tell you
there are days that I can't feel 
and sometimes those are better
because it hurts too much to heal

I'd like to feel and be alive
I  knew that once before
and there are times, sweet Mother, I'll tell you
It makes me desire some more. 

But you know me best of all
when I feel, it is immensely
whether it is anger or its love
I do it so intensely. 

In my insanity I am powerful
in my gentleness I am divine
in my anger, a wounded child
this broken soul of mine. 

But Momma, you never left me
 I didn't even know you were there
no one told me I wasn't a spiritual bastard
that I had a divine momma some where. 

They just made me afraid of Father
said he made hell for people like me
and the only way he would love
was if I was someone I couldn't be.

So I'm just so fucked up Momma
I ain't right in the head
Sometimes I wonder if it all be better
If I would just wake up dead. 

But I don't want them to win
it would make them too happy just to see
another queer swinging round and round
from a rope on a tree. 

So Momma if you would, I'm begging
I'm praying with all I got
Hold me until I'm strong enough
to get up from this spot. 

I know I"m bruised and battered
the scars are ugly, I know
but please Momma until I'm ready
Please Momma, don't let go.




No comments:

Post a Comment