Search This Blog

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Hero




He gave it all up
his life and his dream
when he saw me in agony
when he heard me scream

The ultimate sacrifice
his life for my own
though he still lives and breathes
the powers disowned

And the man he wanted to be
rejected as undeserving
because he loved so much
felt my life was worth conserving

To me, he'll always be
a hero who took a stand
who let me go to save me
a man unlike any man.

His heart still drips of gold
his soul still speaks Divine
his laughter still so genuine
he stands so tall and fine.

His life speaks what he preached
and I know his tears he hides
when he loved enough to give up
his one, his love, his bride. 


I will always be thankful for the sacrifice of your own dreams you made so that I could live. I wish I could have been what you needed, but I was not. My love for you has not diminished just as my pride in watching you preach when I was your bride. It was not with you I was unhappy. It was with me. Thank you for loving me enough to let me go. You have shown me time and time again what a real MAN and a read Man of God should be.


2 comments:

  1. That's awesome. Very deep. Too often we have to love someone enough to let them go. A wise man I knew in college once told me you have to love yourself before you can let someone else love you. Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. And one day you must realize just how much worth loving you really are.

    ReplyDelete