Search This Blog

Thursday, September 19, 2013

The Prayer of a Strong Woman



In an hour of uncertainty
facing the unknown
frightened of what might be
afraid to pick up the phone.

Maybe no news is good news
if I ignore it'll go away
if I don't seek to know the answers
if I don't listen to what they say.

There's too much to live for
no time for this stress
why can't I just wake up 
and find its not my mess.

Sometimes reality is beautiful
but, God sometimes it bites
and I get scared when I think about it
laying awake at nights. 

I don't want it to be, Lord
I've done this crap before
and I remember how much it took to survive
 don't want to do it no more. 

But I got a little boy, Lord
I love with all I've got
and if this is the hand I've been given
then I'll stand here on this spot.

And I'll fight to make it better
though it feels so outta control
surround me with your angels, Lord
in a holy love patrol. 

 I'm standing on holy ground,God
and from there your strength does flow
inside, throughout, all over me
and I'll make it, this I know. 

No matter what the news, God
remind me of my blessings here
of my friends, of my boy, of the man I love
so the fear, it disappears. 

Amen

Written for a friend who I love so dear. Inside you strength abides. Love "bears" all things. You can do this.










No comments:

Post a Comment