Search This Blog

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Swinging on the Stars at Night

Art by Stella Marina


I'm immortal and I'm human
a sinner and a saint
a cutter who's a healer
pacifist in war paint. 

I'm drunk when I'm sober
a stoner who is licit
rough in my gentleness
holy and explicit

I'm sane and then I'm not
I'm one, then I'm more
a big brave dyke
who can't make it out the door

A pagan who loves Jesus
got faith that I've got doubts
perfectly imperfect
I'm in, no, oops, I'm out. 

I'm clean when I'm dirty
proper and taboo
normally abnormal
I'm happy and I'm blue.

Smart without common sense
a dumbass with degrees
I'm loud when I quietly fall
from my soapbox to my knees

I'm good at being naughty
mischievously well behaved
crying while I'm laughing
I'm lost and then I'm saved.

I'm winter when its summer
spring when its fall
sunshine in the night time
don't make no damn sense at all. 

An angel and a demon
on the wrong side doing right
sleeping and yet still awake
swinging on the stars at night. 










No comments:

Post a Comment