Search This Blog

Monday, October 14, 2013

Purification and Revelation




I weathered the storm
I walked through the flames
I laid on the nails
and I read both the names

I cut til I bled
prayed hoping to cry
imagined me screaming
asking myself why

I played with the legos
and beat them on the ground
until my knuckles bled
sleep I finally found

I knocked myself senseless
then in morn I would wake
and I would wonder "dear God
how much can I take?"

Then in one night 
of magic, of divine purification
I drew the image on my heart
in bloody mutilation

And I found that it wasn't
the message I had been expecting
but the one I would die for
and live just protecting.

And in that revelation
I looked at what I had drawn
and let go of what might of been
and began to move on. 

And though there is pain
in this decision too
I know in my heart
its the right thing to do.

So I hope for you, my friend
great peace beyond measure
and that in your love
you will find such a treasure. 



No comments:

Post a Comment