Search This Blog

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Dark Corner Child



My heart has beaten and pumped
a thousand times or more
forty years and counting
since I started to explore.

The colors, fantastic
the sounds brought glee
joy in all the simple things
that surrounded tiny me. 

Then a darkness fell
I don't recall the day
that the light was put out
and colors turned to gray.

My spirit torn out
thrown away in the corner
from laughter to nothing
from happy to mourner.

I was too little
I didn't understand
who took away the sunshine
who let go of my hand. 

I thought if I waited
the light would come back on
and my soul would be restored
and this child could move on

But the world just kept on turning
and my body it grew up
but no one picked up my spirit
that one day I threw up. 

She lay there in the corner
scared to move, afraid to say
"did you forget me down here?
why'd you leave me this way?"

She was dirty, she was bleeding
tears streaked her tiny face
left behind decades ago
she knew nothing but this place. 

I wondered if I should touch her
she shivered so in fear
I didn't know if she was afraid to stay
or afraid to leave from here. 

So I sat down beside her
looked to where she seemed to stare
and all I could tell her was
"I'm not going anywhere". 







No comments:

Post a Comment