Search This Blog

Monday, February 12, 2018

66 Reasons


You've given 66 reasons to make me believe
66 reasons knowing I was naive
66 reasons to follow and cleave
66 reasons never thinking you could deceive.

You handed me a puzzle one piece at a time
promising in the end that peace would be mine
then up a mountain I was told to climb
and I would pray to you every night at bedtime

You said when I reached the summit never look back
but I slipped and fell, no time to react
and I turned and what I saw gave my head a crack
for before me was the puzzle complete and exact

The pieces, now a whole, brought me no peace
it gave me no solace, it gave no relief
for those 66 reasons for my faith and belief
was destroyed in a disaster, a volcanic motif.

Now there's 66 reasons to ask you why
it all seems nothing but a deceptive lie
I was a servant to a Master who said I could fly
then put me in chains and made me look at the sky.


No comments:

Post a Comment