Search This Blog

Thursday, March 22, 2018

Ablaze



At 18 I awoke and opened my eyes
Breaking through my curtains, the morning sunrise
I found that I was breathing and fully alive
"Now what?"  I whispered to myself, fully surprised.

The night before I swear, I was only a child,
I was inexperienced, naive, I cried and I smiled
Was it magic or mayhem, was my heart now defiled?
The night my innocence transformed into the dark and the wild.

I gasped, my breath was taken and hidden somewhere
Breathing, an afterthought, who really needs air?
I was lost, afraid to move, but suddenly aware
I was choked by the Bible Belt, and caught in its glare.

The light, it charred me then it set me ablaze
burned for sins to come, not bending to its ways
Without breath, and body scorched, I fell into a daze
all the while I heard them as they loudly praised.

Time stood still, yet it moved ever so fast
In my own time warp, saw my space ship sail past
The G forces, strong, but determined to outlast
once innocent and loved, but now a rainbow outcast.

Maybe I haven't been the one others thought I should be
But if I followed their path, I would no longer be me
No matter what it costs, I will pay the fee
To live in the light of the dark and free

 












 

No comments:

Post a Comment