Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Girl x 2






When I think I know what I look like
but then a mirror I walk passed
I see someone I don't recognize
society's outcast.

I run into deep shadows
hoping it wasn't true
the person I saw in the mirror
was a girl multiplied by two. 

Perspective is everything
a room of mirrors, my foe
seeing the whole picture
is my ego's final blow

She is me, but he is she
a kaleidoscope of faces
envision all or envision none
truth pours into these spaces

A half century has passed
and yet I am still breathing
completely unexpected
that my heart is still beating

I'm nothing I thought I would be
maybe a failure, maybe not
I guess its about who you ask
and if I'm in ear shot

When I look closely at my past
I think "oh fuck what did I do"
I want to smack myself because
I made my nightmares come true. 

So again, I look at my reflection
why didn't I know I looked like that?
a middle aged woman 
mentally ill, embarrassingly fat

In my mind I have envisioned
androgynous with a touch of boi
stronger, chunkier than most
a sense of humor and coy

So, what the hell happened
where did I change a long the way?
nothing feels like it should but
thank God that I still am gay. 





No comments:

Post a Comment