Search This Blog

Saturday, June 22, 2019

Daniel



Don't jump, please don't, Daniel
don't jump now from this place
your body may be gone
and your spirit into space.

I know that your Dad is gone now
in the river he was found
lifeless, his heartbeat quiet
no one knows why he drowned

I know you're engulfed in anguish
feeling it'll never cease
unbearable is putting it lightly
only death will bring release.

Daniel, I've been there before
to this river I came to die.
I starred at the current crying
to get the nerve to say goodbye

I lived thanks to one thought
tomorrow I can die my way
death can come when I want it
it just can't come today

So Daniel, I promise I get it
the last thing you want is to leap
but you can't live like your living
so you beg for eternal sleep. 

You don't want to go
but no wish to exist
is the strength remaining inside
enough to try to persist

You'll never know, Daniel
if you dive down from this place
You'll never know, Daniel
if you jump out into space. 


Daniel, please don't go

 

 

 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment