Search This Blog

Thursday, February 25, 2021

Acceptance

 
 
 
I've gotten to know me,
and I know me quite well.
sometimes its been painful
a guilt trip to hell.
 
 
 
 
 I had to learn to love me
when I was told I was a curse
some abomination that
was proven with some holy verse. 

 
Its been a lifetime of voices
external and in my head
some telling me I'm worthy
others wishing me dead. 

What shouldn't have been a trauma
cause I was promised pure love
became a verbal beating
and I spilled my own blood. 
 
I hated me for being me
curse God for this cage 
felt nothing but anger
that turned into violent rage.
 
I screamed in my mind
and it shattered like glass
my heart broke in pieces
the blood burst forth en masse.
 
I learned how to cut
and I learned how to bleed
because it was my lifeline
when for death I would plead 

And slowly, too slowly
I began to accept
That when people condemned me
it was their own souls that wept. 

For that hate and self-righteousness
was nothing but fear
that they had to appear better
better than this queer. 

All the talk was about them
it was never about me
they feared for their souls
although they said they were free

To think God could be proud
believing her queer kids were worthy
that love is just love
and they deserved their love story. 
 
Such a thing would rock their foundations
and their perfect world, it would crumble
and instead of standing on soap boxes
they would kneel and be humbled.
 
So if God says she loves me
who am I to debate
I can lay down my armor
and stop being irate.
 
So with the perspective of God
I can see me and say
God made me just perfect
for I was made this way. 
 
 

 

 
 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment