Search This Blog

Sunday, March 21, 2021

Burn

 


 

The demons became tired of the midnight battles

 and I became tired of their constant prattle,

 and finally, thank the Goddess, they fell asleep, 

and it was a nap that I prayed was six feet deep. 

 

Not wanting to bother, just let them dream, 

I quieted my Others, didn't let them scream.'

Forbid them to whisper, yet they continued to shake

like we were submerged waist high in a frozen lake. 

 

I remember the fire, I could feel the blaze

can't forget the burn among the smoky haze

the vibration from the pain of my body on fire

and I begged for the Goddess to take me up higher. 

 

But no matter how I begged, it was useless to plead

for they woke and my tears did surely bleed

my skin crawled as their breath I felt

and the brimstone, once again, I clearly smelt 

 

Once the sun went down, it was time to go

to the nights I remember, I intimately know

So I curled up tight and I did ache

for now it was time again for a demon date

 

Once again their voices would loudly scream

whether awake, in flight or in my dreams 

Now they have their second wind and are ready to blow

the deep dark fire that burns away my soul.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment