Search This Blog

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Anesthesia Dreams



Watched my whole life playin' on the old tv.
Surprised to find there really wasn't much to see.
During the dramas that seemed impossin' 
I found myself a-dozin'
'cause it always seemed to work out perfectly.

The greatest moments seemed filled with just simplicity
laying in the grass wrapped in child like curiosity
little wonders overjoyed the heart
a natural education did inpart,
and it was good.

The insects seemed their own college professors
not an irriation, bug, or molestor,
but a tiny piece of God's textbook
made me want to take a second look
and I grew.

Then I saw the momma deer watch over her doe.
Her gentle eyes would move where ever she'd go.
Knowin' 'round ever corner, danger
not wantin' her afraid of every stranger
she would watch.

While watchin' my tv, I noticed while sighin'
that I did much more laughin' than I did cryin'.
And I figured no more could I humbly ask
but my own laugh track declaring "This too shall pass".
And I felt at peace.


1 comment:

  1. BEAUTIFUL, Jamie!!! You have a wonderful gift of words. Thank you for sharing your talents with us.

    ReplyDelete