Search This Blog

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Prayer Walkabout

Image by Bill McFall


I went on prayer walkabout
just myself and the Divine
through the trees gently parting,
glorious filtered sunshine.


The earth in early autumn, 
though no chill in the air
just the sweet scent of change, 
which nothing can compare


On this forested path,
Mother's beauty all possessing
I sought my Lord's direction
and my divine parents' blessing.


I asked not that they carry me
but guide me to the way
for I knew they have looked ahead
and the path they have surveyed. 

And as I held my Father's hand
and basked in Mother's essence
I listened to the gentle wisdom
with complete acquiescence.


"Look no more behind you
for the future is before
observe the signs and wonders
and let your spirit soar."

"Allow yourself to be brave
and take the path less traveled
for miracles and mysteries await
to discover and unravel."

"You will never walk alone
for we will be nearby
but we expect you to recognize
that with your wings you can fly"

  Then I stepped on a fallen branch
and as I heard it breaking
I felt the past become the past
and my soul and spirit awaking.


And my parents became the mist
and up ahead revealed
a clear and open path 
that was earlier concealed.
Image by Mark Simms

And I saw that right there waiting
under a majestic old maple tree
her hand outstretched and familiar
was someone just for me. 


And I took her hand in mine
on this journey we would travel
together with no trepidation 
life's mysteries we would unravel.

(and I was wrong by the way, but the poem was good)


No comments:

Post a Comment