Search This Blog

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Heroes & Angel Wings



They say its darkest before the dawn
but when the sun does rise
it's like God writes "peace"
across the whole mornin' sky.

The sun breaks free
from night's restrain
and the nightmares with it
and the broken chains.

The cock's crow at sunrise
awakened me to meet
the pitter-patter sound
of my guardian angel's feet.

Someone's been watchin' over me
during those crazy night terrors
I got heroes and angel wings
when I was expectin' pall bearers.

And now I run toward the light
promising a much better day
and I know I'm gonna make it
somehow, someway.

I say "God help me"
we're the authors of this story
help me blossom this day
like a bright morning glory.


I CAN ONLY BE AN INSTRUMENT OF YOUR PEACE ONLY WHEN I UNDERSTAND WHAT PEACE REALLY IS. I WILL NEVER FULLY UNDERSTAND THE VALUE OF THE DAYLIGHT UNTIL I HAVE BEEN LOST IN THE DARK.




No comments:

Post a Comment