Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Stardust


Photo courtesy Scott Moss

I stood out alone in a field of grass
not knowing how long this moment would last
the wind, it blew a song through the blades
the light grew dim, the sun did fade.

I stared up high into the sky
afraid to breathe, to bat an eye
for I waited for that first star to shine
to twinkle and dance across the high tree line.

For I needed to make a wish, a prayer
that someone would hear me, somehow, somewhere
for if I can see You in that great big Space
Dear Star, can you see me, can you see my face?

I'm just a little one alone in this great big field
and though its just me, I'm still concealed
will anyone know that I was here
or am I just a speck of dust in the atmosphere?

Will I be remembered for the difference I made
or like the light of day, will I simply fade?
So hear I am wishing to the great expanse
That you'll teach me, please, how to twinkle and dance.

I ain't asking, dear one, to be a Superstar
for I know in my heart, that is what you are
But I'll tell you if you ask, and ask me you must
I wanna leave behind my own speck of stardust.

Photo courtesy Mohammad Al-Mumen

No comments:

Post a Comment