Search This Blog

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Hangin'



Trying to hang on 
but a little at a time
the rope unravels
and starts to unwind.

I reach up to grab
another desperate strand
but it seems that I'm closer
to crashin' onto land

I hear the wind blowin
 all there is 'cept the clouds
all alone in the foggy mist
rain drops the only crowd

I think it would be better
if in darkness I would dangle
cause I couldn't see my fate
and imagine myself mangled.

The openness is killing me
please God just let me hide
inside the sun, the moon, the clouds
incognito among the tides.

Not here exposed and vulnerable
just ripe for the taking
waiting for the hawks and vultures
this plea I am making.

Will there come a time
somehow, somewhere, someday
where I will feel safe and sound
what's it take, oh Lord I pray? 

I promise to do my best
to hang on, I really will
but just sometimes, asap
let my spirit feel quiet and still. 

AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment