Search This Blog

Friday, March 4, 2011

Hiding Hero



Let me hide
safe and sound inside
in your arms abide
my soul has cried.

Let the world turn
let it rock and churn
its deep flame burn
as day and night return.

I have in agony screamed
burned in a relentless sunbeam
begged for Mercy's sweet stream
in my own hope filled dream.

Now I hide in plain sight
ain't no hero tonight
no special white knight
just me shivering in fright.

When the terror is passed
a moment to breath here at last
and once again I outlast
hoping that you have held fast.

So sorry I am lost
that I'm f*cked and criss-crossed
well aware what it has cost
and the nights you have tossed.

Doesn't mean I love you less
when I fall, such a mess
when my thoughts I can't express
my heart still yearns for your caress.

Please don't think that I'm not trying
its just inside my heart is crying
and my mind to me is lying
and it feels that I am dying.

But I will rise up again
be your hero, be your man
in your battle take a stand
protect you safely in my hand.

It a promise I have made
on love's foundation I have laid
and to God I have prayed
to be your hero in a love crusade.



I must purge from this the one for whom it was written. What I thought was love, was deceit. But the poetry stands as it is.

1 comment: