Search This Blog

Saturday, December 1, 2012

The Cutting Muse



If I don't write, I surely will explode
cause I'm carrying such a big emotional load
the airlines would charge me for all these extra bags
and I'd get writers cramp filling out the tags.

So what do I do with all of this weight
Its not that I like it, I really hate
but its in me and ain't gonna disappear
I ain't hangin' on to it like some souvenir.

So what do I do before I pop
before I kill over, before I drop?
sometimes the only thing I know to do
is cut the pain away and try to start anew.

Lord knows I'm a cutter and I know it gives you pain
but sometimes its all that keeps me from goin' insane.
but if I can put the pain into a jammin' rhyme
it buys me a minute, it buys me some time.

So I write mighty often and hopefully well
to keep myself away from a cutting hell
but some days it hurts and some days I weep
and I pray that the Lord, my soul will keep.

But thanks be to God, I write like I breathe
but when I can't, inside, my head, it  does seethe
and I look at the knife and I pick it up
and I taste once again from the bitter cup.

Maybe one day soon, I really don't know
I'll find a better way, to deal, when I'm low
but if its the only thing that keeps this chick alive
I gotta do what I have to in order to survive.


~~For all of you cutters out there...I understand~~
 If I don't write it on paper, I write it on my arm.
Your scars tell stories.
Someday you must share them.

No comments:

Post a Comment