Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Put a Face to Your Hate



Memorize my face, look deep in my eyes
do you expect a demon layin' in disguise?
Do I look to you like the Big Bad Wolf
Ready to huff n puff, blow down your roof?

I am only a child, that's grown up tall
Just my mother's little baby, really that's all.
I bleed as you bleed, cry as you cry,
and I look at you and I ask you "why?"

Is it easy to look at me with self righteous sight?
Do I disgust, offend you, give you some kind of fright?
Is it my skin, my ink, my clothes, my hair
that give you reason to judge, reason to stare?

I'm only a child, that's grown up strong
just trying to love, not do anything wrong.
We breathe the same air, live in the same space
and both depend on God's glorious grace.

So why do you expect so much evil from my kind?
Is it easier on your heart, is it easier on your mind
when you hate us, judge us, condemn us to hell?
Does it make you feel good, is your soul feelin' well?

You see us as a whole, marchin' in parade.
Until you see one, your hate will cascade.
Just stop, look in my eyes, memorize my face
I am someone you know, not an ungodly disgrace.


No comments:

Post a Comment