Search This Blog

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Thin Air



I reached out to hold you
but found you weren't there
I was left by myself
floating on thin air. 

Down the cliff I fell
like a Road Runner cartoon
I grasped for a root to stop me
from hitting bottom too soon

Instead, I struck a rock
and it loosened a stone
and down it all came
and it bruised as it crushed bone

Then I got really angry
and I got really pissed
I didn't appreciate the pain
or being so easily dismissed.

So I grabbed the stones nearby me
those falling fast to the ground
and I threw them against the cliff
with fury blew dust, profound.

And it wasn't with revenge, I was hurting
the tears fell faster than me
 mixed with the red from bleeding
and fell upon a tree.

And just as the ground, it reached me
ready to envelope me and my bones
the tree felt my tears and cushioned my fall
and my death was again postponed.





No comments:

Post a Comment