Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The Words you Don't Say



You tell me not to listen
to the voices in my head
that say I'm nothing worth loving
and better off dead. 

You say you love me 
always and without any condition
I know you mean it, cause I've seen it
but I'm just an imposition.

I hear the words you don't say
they echo in my heart
when you frown and look down
on those of whom I'm part. 

"I didn't mean you", but yeah you did
you just know me by my face
you know my name, but just the same
I occupy their space. 

I am them, they are me
and it hurts when you say
they be trifling and its stifling
your ability to live your way. 

So when you tell me to love myself
as the person I was born to be
remember I've heard every word
and it don't sound that way to me. 







No comments:

Post a Comment